Car Insurance Buying Checklist
This quick checklist can help you to make sure that you don’t forget any important little details while you’re searching for, or renewing your car insurance.
- Be aware of the state car insurance requirements for where you live
- Think about your individual financial situation when you’re deciding on the amount of car insurance cover you’ll need – is it worth buying that little bit more cover to make sure that your assets are protected – an unprotected asset isn’t pretty
- Review your own driving record – do you have outstanding tickets which will disappear soon?
- Remind yourself of how much you’re paying now – then you have something to aim at
- Check out some internet comparison websites – YouDecide.com, InsureOne.com and InsWeb.com are all pretty good for starters
- Telephone any car insurance companies which don’t give quotes online
- Check out discounts which they might have available for you
- Check on the reliability of any car insurance companies which are looking favorable, on the insurance web site for your state
- Don’t forget to cancel your old car insurance policy (if applicable), once the new one is firmly in place